- Integrative physicians have long since known the principal causes of illness. The validity of these causes is demonstrated by the fact that integrative physicians generally tend to be head-over-heels more effective than other types of physicians. These are not the only causes of illness, but they cover almost everything. It should also be noted that these categories are not exclusive. In other words, they overlap. You can’t really address one of them without addressing all of them. Without an integrative approach, the chance of overcoming chronic conditions declines. On the other hand, if all sides are addressed, the chance of reversing many chronic conditions improves.
Nutritional deficiencies can be caused by poor diet, stress, an underlying disease process that causes poor assimilation, utilization, or an increased need for adequate nutrition, or by other causes.
2. Toxic Conditions:
Toxins can get into your body from a chronically poor diet, poor air quality, a “sick building”, contaminated food and water, vaccinations, occupational hazards, amalgam fillings, household chemicals, beauty products, infections, and others sources.
Stress is a subjective measure of the amount of emotional and physical burden placed on a body/mind. It can be caused by lifestyle, emotional burdens, outlook on life, infections, excessive activity, inadequate activity, allergies, and other sources. Nutritional deficiencies and toxic burdens can also rightly be called stressors.
Some integrative physicians stop here and list the above as the 3 main causes of illness. Some often add two more categories.
Symptoms of infection can be obvious (like an acute fever) or they can be completely unobvious. There are dozens of common organisms that can cause “stealth” infections that cause no obvious illness. In course of time these infections can slowly become debilitating. Common pathogenic organisms that can cause stealth infection include Candida, Lyme disease, babesia, bartonella, mycoplasma, herpes viruses, Epstein-Barr virus, XMRV, and many others. Many practitioners contest that such infections are of epidemic proportions.
Allergies do not have to make you break out in hives or cause anaphylactic shock. Low grade allergies (which can be called “sensitivities”) cause many chronic problems. Most people are sensitive in some degree of another to foods they eat. People can also be sensitive to chemicals or other environmental factors. Though sensitivities can cause debilitating illness, the symptoms are typically mild to moderate. Avoiding sensitivities, as well as desensitizing the body, are both approaches taken to correct such a situation.
So how can these causes be addressed? In principle, the outlook of Natural Medicine is actually quite simple:
- Put into your body/mind things that you lack
- Remove things from your body/mind that are harmful
- Cease feeding your body/mind with those harmful things
- Cease doing activities (or inactivities) that put undo burden on your body/mind
- Initiate activities that will increase the body/mind’s capacity to handle such burden
Disclaimer: This article is not medical advice. This is opinion and is for informational purposes only. If seeking medical advice, consult a licensed physician.
- 22 Natural Ways to Cure Drug, Alcohol, and Smoking Addiction
- 9 Natural Keys to Digestive Health
- The Bartonella Epidemic: Your Cat Can Give You Mental Illness
- 15 Keys to Beating Cancer Naturally
- 15 DO’s and DON’Ts of a Healthy Diet
- 20 Natural Ways to Cure Depression, Anxiety, Panic, and Mental Illness
- Don’t Let Your Dentist Harm You With These 3 Things
- Why Diet Matters (Iron Filings Found in Cereal)
- Natural Medicine
- 51 Supplements for Chronic Pain
This entry was posted on Tuesday, June 8th, 2010 at 8:42 pm.